Wednesday, August 19, 2015

30 PIECES OF SILVER: Part 16

It was only a matter of time before I added one of Ivaan's spoons to the 30 Pieces of Silver series.  It was a bit of a struggle to choose which one, but I realized I don't have to commit to only one spoon.  They are so varied.  This is an early one, 1979 to be exact, and it's got a fish-like quality to it.
©IVAAN KOTULSKY 1979
I believe it's part of his AGO Egyptian collection, and I can carbon-date it because his name appears in capital letters on the reverse side.  Well, maybe I should post a picture of the reverse side.   There you go. You can see IVAAN engraved on the fishtail.
I likely don't have to tell you that Ivaan applied all those tiny beads on the handle and underside one at a time.  He had incredible focus and patience. Not a day goes by that I don't feel in awe of his talent and enriched by his presence in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment