Tuesday, March 19, 2013

A NUGGET OF WISDOM

18 KARAT YELLOW GOLD  NUGGET RING, CIRCA 1987
(C) ESTATE OF IVAAN KOTULSKY

18 KARAT YELLOW GOLD NUGGET RING, CIRCA  1987
(C) ESTATE OF IVAAN KOTULSKY
Sometimes I'll be sorting through Ivaan's treasures and pick up something that I've never paid close enough attention to.   I guess because the  Nugget Ring is for a small finger (size 4.5) and very minutely detailled, I've tended to overlook it.  This afternoon I was photographing it for the website with my close-up camera and I was shocked to see how beautiful it looks in the photographs.

Ivaan always described it as a masterpiece and I am really sorry I never took the time to examine it closely with him.  If I had done so, I would have echoed his endorsement completely.  Since I am no longer able to say this to him in person, I'll say it to the universe instead:

Ivaan, your Gold Nugget Ring is a total masterpiece.

Thank you for listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment