Friday, April 1, 2011

SEPARATED AT BIRTH FINALE: IT'S AN OPAL!



I would not have predicted this.  Yesterday I took the Separated At Birth ring to Ivaan's former partner, Tamas.  He is very knowledgeable about gemstones. Tamas took one look at this stone and said, "It's an opal".  I've never seen an opal with a rugged surface like this before, but he says it's a good one.  So some lucky person who was probably born in October and wears a size 7 ring is going to be very happy.  Ivaan was born in October, so opal was his birthstone.

Today is our 16th wedding anniversary, so it's an auspicious day for me to have completed the Separated At Birth ring.    I hope it ends up on the finger of someone who loves it as much for its history as for its beauty.

Happy Anniversary, Ivaan.

No comments:

Post a Comment