Tuesday, November 5, 2013

LONDON CALLING

Euro Bezel Ring with London Blue Topaz
(c) Atelier Ivaan
Lately I've been having a little love affair with blue gemstones. Possibly it's the time of year, because topaz is a birthstone, but I think it has more to do with my current interest in all things marine.

So I had a good wax of Ivaan's famous Euro Bezel ring sitting in the showcase, and I decided to cast it in sterling and set a blue stone in the centre. There are basically two colours of blue topaz.  One is called Swiss Blue, which is soft, feminine and pastel.  The other is London Blue. It's more indigo, more masculine, and I like the tension between the undulating lines of the ring and the stiff-upper-lip of the London Blue stone.

So I went with London Blue, and I think it was the right choice.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Meghan! It came out pretty nicely. Wait till you see what I'm working on now!xx

      Delete