Friday, July 17, 2015

30 PIECES OF SILVER: Part Four

It took me no time at all to select this belt buckle as one of Ivaan's most inspired pieces.  I've told the story of it before.  Ivaan made it for my birthday, three months after our wedding, and served it to me for breakfast, hidden inside a bowl of sliced mangoes.  It's a very large, heavy  buckle, and I had a fabulous belt custom made for it, black on one side and green on the other, by the brilliant leather artist, Negash, who used to made belts for Ivaan.
©IVAAN KOTULSKY 1995
Ivaan hand engraved a loving inscription on the inside  - so if I ever want to be reminded what a romantic sweetheart he was, I just have to flip it over and read the message.  In real life, it's bigger than this photo.  I totally love its tropical excess.  The man was an inspired genius.

No comments:

Post a Comment